Monday 5 August 2013

Home spun fair

Morning, Im sat in my dressing gown with the rain pouring onto the conservatory, stalling letting the ducks out. Really dont fancy putting on those cold wellies(possibly with a slug inside....eek). So I thought I would quickly post about the homespun fair I did on sunday (yes in the rain).......... Luckly the event is inside a lovely old hall on the beach. We even had a sea view when you could see through the mist and driving rain. I actually had a really good sales day and came back with a big empty tub as I sold lots of toys to bedraggled and wet kids. I think lots of parents were keen to cheer up there little ones after a washout beach day. One of my mooing cows went to a really sweet 3 year old girl. I could hear the moo going off around the hall and by the end of the day I think the parents were wishing they had saved it till after the car journey home, he he he.............. One little girl was very entertained all day though (wonder if she was doing it deliberatley to wined them up).
I also made up this cushion for my eames rocker. I was in two minds when I found this tea towel in the charity shop wheather to cut it up into clasp purses and sell them, or to keep it for myself. In the end I decided to keep it whole and Im glad I did. I think its turned out great, although adam hates all pillows....... so I know when he sees it he wont be impressed. Well better let my poor girls out and collect the eggs (fingers crossed the slugs dont come for me and my wellies)Think the rain is stopping, hope you all have a fab week bye for now x

1 comment:

margaret said...

good to tread the fair went so well, the rain probably helped, if it had been sunny people would have stayed on the beach. Not surprised the cuddly toys went so well they all look amazing in that tub