Sunday 29 July 2012

Illustrated fabrics

I found this lovely 'mid winter' 60's casserole dish in the charity shop this week it cost me a whole £1.
yeah, I love finding things like this .They don't make em like they used to, what a groovy shape. just have to pluck up the courage now to use it.
I will be gutted if it brakes in the oven. I am a strong believer of using these old kitchen wares and not just letting them collect dust although this one may be the exception to my rule.

I have also been dyeing fabrics this week for a project in the craft book I am currently writing. This photo came out better than the fabric though, looked a bit tie dye, need a massive pot I think.
Did a bit of  illustrating on fabric too with these new fabric crayons.
I found them in a craft store the other day when looking for inks. bit of an experiment at the mo but I like the effect.


I have also started on stock for a Christmas stall on the 1st of December in Saltash .
Im helping to organise the Christmas light switch on night and have been allocated the art and craft stalls to organise so as well as drumming up crafty folk for the event I have been thinking about what to sell myself.
I have discovered allot of local art and craft folk I didn't know before so that has been really good but also a bit daunting when you see the talent out there. What an amazing pool of talent we have in Cornwall.
lots of rainy craft days I guess that coupled with the beautiful scenery round these parts and you have a potent mix.


phueeeeeeee............... did I really get up to all that in a week, bit crazy I think. but at least I'm being productive.
Now I need a cuppa and a bit of chocolate just with the thought of all that. off to raid the naughty jar and then i might actually get a chance to sit down and watch some telly.

No comments: